We are calling for nominations to serve on the NCCI Board of Directors. Benefits of being an NCCI Board Member include gaining an opportunity to collaborate with leaders in higher education, develop international programs that will improve the application of process improvement in the higher education arena, contribute to the achievement of NCCI’s mission and goals, and serving on an international board that reaches global dimensions.
Board Member will be expected to:
- Serve a three-year term (Board Members are eligible to be appointed for a second term).
- Be employed by an institution with NCCI Membership dues paid in full.
- Serve on or lead at least one committee or task force.
- Support the Mission, Goals, and Strategic Plan of NCCI.
- Participate in periodic reviews of the Strategic Plan, Mission and Goals.
- Attend Board meetings and conference calls and actively participate in discussions and decision-making.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of fiduciary duties: duty of care, duty of loyalty, and duty of obedience.
- Review and understand the Financial Statements disseminated to the Board: act as a responsible steward of the Association’s fiscal and human resources.
- Ensure adequate resources are provided to fulfill NCCI’s Mission and Goals.
- Avoid conflicts of interest, and the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Participate in the Annual Conference and other meetings.
- Be knowledgeable about the Association’s history, mission, goals and bylaws.
- Promote the association with members and other organizations.
- Monitor and oversee programs and services.
Individuals may nominate themselves or be nominated by an NCCI member. To nominate an individual or to express personal interest in serving, please fill out the nomination form.
Nominations are due by March 29, 2019 at Noon EST.
The screening committee will review nominee applications to identify an interview pool. Interviews will be conducted in April. Selected Board Members will be notified by April 29, 2019.