The Network for Change and Continuous Innovation (NCCI) was originally formed as the National Consortium for Continuous Improvement in 1999 by national leaders in continuous improvement, organizational development, planning, quality, institutional effectiveness and related areas. Read more.
To advance change and innovation in higher education.
NCCI positions higher education institutions to be agile, lifelong learning models to transform lives and communities around the world.
We value integrity, respect and diversity in all its forms. We share generously and celebrate excellence. We aspire to be innovative and agile and are dedicated to continuous improvement and lifelong learning.
NCCI’s 2018-2020 Strategic Plan
The Board of Directors met Oct. 5, 2017 to update the Strategic Plan to guide NCCI from 2018 through 2020. The process included an assessment of the current situation, a scan of the internal and external factors that affect NCCI and a discussion about the future in higher education and the appropriate role for NCCI to play.
Goal 1: Enhance & grow collaborative networks in support of Higher Education (HE)
- Build strong and sustainable Communities of Practice/Discovery and other networking opportunities
- Increase mutually beneficial partnerships/sponsorships/alliances
- Provide access to network research and resources
- Increase number of member institutions
- Increase number of engaged individuals at each member institution
Goal 2: Grow the skills and knowledge of our membership
- Expand a professional development framework for our members
- Provide diverse and value-add Power 60 programming
- Promote in-person professional development workshops and encourage members to learn and share such opportunities with NCCI.
- Identify and introduce additional virtual learning opportunities
- Determine the viability of NCCI sponsored certification programs
Goal 3: Build leadership capacity in Higher Education leaders
- Investigate the feasibility of building partnerships to offer leadership curriculum
- Engage senior leaders in HE to define the current and next generation challenges and competencies needed to address them.
- Create coaching/mentoring program for our members
- Facilitate the sharing of leadership development trends and practices
Goal 4: Promote effective continuous innovation solutions to Higher Education leaders
- Demonstrate how change leadership/management and continuous innovation has a positive impact on the challenges facing HE
- Partner with and influence academic and financial leaders
- Provide expertise, tools and approaches to support financial stability and innovative solutions
- Identify and share best practices
- Support other associations with our change leadership expertise
- Promote and recognize leaders of change and continuous innovation
NCCI has a legacy of innovative educational leadership. We have observed, studied, shared and advocated for institutional improvement through initiatives such as the Leaders of Change Awards Program, the Annual Conference, and online learning and networking opportunities. Together, NCCI members maximize the benefits of innovation.
NCCI provides numerous online and in-person opportunities to share best practices in academic and administrative processes from nearly 100 colleges and universities. These opportunities provide proven approaches that can help you continuously improve services, communications, partnerships, leadership and learning at your institution.
NCCI membership provides you with the opportunity to meet many other professionals involved in continuous improvement at the Annual Conference and at other educational events held throughout the year. An online membership directory is also available on the website. Invest in fostering change and continuous improvement for your institution and yourself!