NCCI Annual Conference
Join us in Atlanta on July 8-10 for the 2020 Annual Conference!
The Hub for Higher Ed Leaders of Change and Innovation
Agility. Transformation. Leadership.
The Conference Planning Committee is now accepting session proposals for the 2020 Annual Conference.
We invite proposals that reflect new and future ways of addressing the complex issues and challenges confronted by higher education. Strategy and improvement efforts related to academic, operational, financial, technical, and campus community engagement are of great interest for the 2020 Conference. We especially seek proposals that will enrich participants with practical, imaginative, and innovative applications for assessment, design, planning, implementation, and highly effective leadership practice.
The deadline to submit a session proposal is Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
- Emerging Trends and Innovation
- Collaboration and Partnerships Across the Institution
- Tricks of the Trade: Emerging Practices, Methods, Tools, and Technology
- Evolving Processes and the Agile Organization
- Empowering Change Management Success
Presentations may be structured as:
- Lightening Session (15 minutes): A concise and informative presentation that inspires the audience.
- Facilitated Discussion (60 minutes): Presenters share campus challenges and solutions through conversational exchange, actively engaging attendees through interactive approaches.
- Interactive Presentation (60 minutes): Presenters share topics of interest, lessons learned, foresight, or evidence of impact, actively engaging attendees through interactive approaches.
- Panel (60 minutes): Thought leaders share their views on topical issues or trends affecting the profession; emphasis on Q&A.
- Case Study (60 minutes): Presenters lead discussion on a real-life business issue describing the strategy, planning, development, solution delivery, and outcomes. Attendees participate in group discussion with defined learning outcomes.
- Foundation (90 minutes): Workshop style session designed for beginners or those who want to learn the “foundation basics” of a specific discipline, process, or tool. Sessions are highly interactive and attendees participate in hands on application of learning with defined outcomes.
- Deep Dive (90 minutes): Workshop style session designed for attendees with intermediate to advanced experience and knowledge of topic area. Sessions are facilitated by a senior thought leader and are highly interactive with defined outcomes.
- Pre-conference (3.5 or 7 hours): Half-day and full-day interactive workshops that relate to the conference themes.
- Poster Session (60 minutes): Poster sessions are informal, allowing presenters to share their work using artistic/graphical expression on a poster. Posters will be displayed in an open networking area and presenters will be assigned a 60 minute time block to be present. This is an excellent opportunity to discuss innovations and work in progress. A good poster centers on a main theme, presents useful information, and stimulates discussion.
Acceptance decisions are emailed in February 2020.
Speakers receive the NCCI member early bird conference registration rate.
Responsibilities of presenting include the following:
- All speakers listed in the proposal are confirmed to be available for the presentation on conference dates, respectively July 8 for pre-conferences or July 9 & 10 for sessions
- Selected speakers are responsible for all expenses incurred in conjunction with the NCCI 2020 Annual Conference including registration, housing, and travel
- All speakers will complete conference registration by the early registration deadline
- Speakers will provide their presentation for posting to the NCCI website by June 12, 2020
- Speakers will complete a Session Speaker Agreement form and return it to NCCI headquarters with the requested information by the date indicated, so that we can do our best to meet any unique equipment, scheduling, or special setup needs
Submit Your Proposal before 11:59 p.m. (EST) Wednesday, December 11, 2019 using the online form.
Proposal and other related questions are welcomed by Allison Lara at email@example.com or 833.469.6224.