Benefits of being an NCCI Board Member include:
- Opportunity to collaborate with leaders in higher education.
- Avenue to develop international programs to improve the application of process improvement in the higher education arena.
- Opportunity to contribute to the achievement of NCCI’s mission and goals.
- Chance to serve on a national board that reaches international dimensions.
Requirements of a Board Member are to…
- Serve a three-year term (Board Members are eligible to be appointed for a second term).
- Be employed by an institution with NCCI Membership dues paid in full.
- Serve on or lead at least one committee or task force.
- Support the Mission, Goals, and Strategic Plan of NCCI.
- Participate in periodic reviews of the Strategic Plan, Mission and Goals.
- Attend Board meetings and conference calls and actively participate in discussions and decision-making.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of fiduciary duties: duty of care, duty of loyalty, and duty of obedience.
- Review and understand the Financial Statements disseminated to the Board: act as a responsible steward of the Association’s fiscal and human resources.
- Ensure adequate resources are provided to fulfill NCCI’s Mission and Goals.
- Avoid conflicts of interest, and the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Participate in the Annual Conference and other meetings.
- Be knowledgeable about the Association’s history, mission, goals and bylaws.
- Promote the association with members and other organizations.
- Monitor and oversee programs and services.
A list of the current Board of Directors and additional information about the association are available here.
Individuals may nominate themselves or be nominated by an NCCI member. To nominate an individual or to express personal interest in serving, please forward the information described below to NCCI Headquarters at email@example.com.
Address your email subject line “NCCI Board Nomination.”
Nominations are due by March 21, 2018 at 12PM ET
Nominations MUST include the following information:
- Nominee Information:
- Name and Contact Information (include full business address, phone number, and e-mail)
- Name of NCCI Member Institution
- Current Professional Position with brief description of responsibilities
- Nominator Information (if applicable):
- Name and Contact information
- Brief Statement in support of nominee (no more than 1 page)
- Supporting Nominee Materials:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae, which should include the following information, if applicable: Involvement in any quality improvement or continuous improvement activities and involvement in professional service organizations.
- One page statement about how you could contribute to NCCI’s mission and vision, which are presented here.
The screening committee will review nominee applications to identify an interview pool. Interviews will be conducted in April. Selected Board Members will be notified by April 24, 2018.