NCCI welcomes the innovation and collaboration of current and aspiring leaders within the profession. Discover the numerous of ways for members to engage through volunteer opportunities.
Volunteering with NCCI can help you:
- Develop and refine skills to enhance current function on your campus
- Grow their professional network and build valuable connections
- Be a champion and advocate for change
- Learn more about the professional offerings of NCCI
- Obtain professional recognition
- Give back time and talents to make an impact on the NCCI community
NCCI Volunteer Engagement Model
Gain exposure to the NCCI community as a Colleague.
Anyone who is an active member of NCCI.
Colleagues serve an ongoing commitment for the duration of their institution’s membership.
- Community of Practice member
- Newsletter reader
- NCCI program attendees
Serve as operational support for events, workshops, and webinars as a Contributor. This role is an opportunity for members to become more familiar with NCCI through hands-on experiences.
Anyone who is an active member of NCCI.
Contributors serve periodic commitments based on the engagement or program.
- Event, session, or webinar host
- Conference welcome staff
- Timekeeper at conference sessions
Share expertise at events, workshops, and webinars as a Connector.
A recognized professional with a deep understanding of a particular area or topic.
Connectors serve periodic commitments based on the engagement or program.
- Webinar facilitator or moderator
- Event or webinar speaker or panelist
Provide guidance and advice within an area of NCCI as a Collaborator.
A NCCI member willing to support a program committee’s efforts.
Collaborators serve a year-long commitment, typically from September through August.
- Annual Conference Committee Member
- Membership & Outreach Committee Member
- Professional Development Committee Member
- Volunteer Development Committee Member
Provide guidance and advice regarding the overall activities and organization of NCCI as a Catalyst.
A NCCI member with at least one-year experience on a committee or community of practice.
Catalysts serve a two-year commitment.
- Vice Chair of a Committee: Annual Conference, Membership & Outreach, Professional Development, or Volunteer Development
- Chair of a Committee: Annual Conference, Membership & Outreach, Professional Development, or Volunteer Development
- Community of Practice Leaders: Change Management, Internal Consulting, Leadership, or Lean
Contribute to the strategy and overall interests of NCCI as a Champion.
A NCCI member committed to advancing the Association’s strategies, finances, and governance to further enhance the community and lead the future of NCCI.
Champions serve a three-year commitment, with potential for a second term.
- NCCI Board Member
Engage as a NCCI Colleague by joining our communities of practice and attending our online learning programs!
Engage as a NCCI Catalyst and Collaborator by applying to join one of our committees as a vice chair or member. Applications are due August 17.
NCCI Volunteer Spotlight
Our volunteers are the heart of NCCI. Who are our volunteers? Check out the volunteer spotlight below!
Change Management/Strategic Initiatives Advisor
University of Waterloo
Volunteer this year: Webinar speaker
How has this volunteer opportunity benefited your professional development and/or work at your institution?
Through NCCI I’ve met many individuals and developed new networks. These connections have reinforced the value in understanding others perspectives and have helped me better support individuals and the organization as a whole.
What is the most memorable aspect of your NCCI connection?
I’ve had the opportunity to meet many likeminded individuals whose common goal helps to promote and demonstrate the value of supporting our friends, family, and colleagues through change. We’ve shared ideas, learnings, and strategies demonstrating a universal sense of trust, openness and willingness across the community! I’ve delivered numerous workshops and been involved in programming development discussions. All fabulous experiences. Thank you.
What influenced your decision to engage with NCCI as a volunteer?
Colleagues introduced me to NCCI in 2018. Since then, I’ve learnt so much from the community, from the sessions attended both Power60 and conferences. I’ve observed first hand the value in forging new connections and give back where I can. Whether I share my experiences in establishing the change management strategy at the university or those in supporting enterprise wide change initiatives, volunteering my time has helped me to focus on others, build my confidence, and strengthen my social network.
What advice would you give to others who are considering getting involved with NCCI?
Take advantage of the learnings, of the materials and sessions available. Don’t be afraid to share your story, to share your experiences. I guarantee you its a good one that others can learn from. Remember, we all have a common goal so speak up, share your knowledge, ask your questions, and expand your network! Finally, remember to listen to others, like you, their story will be empowering and I guarantee you’ll learn something new.
What interesting project are you working on at your institution?
- M365 enterprise-wide implementation
- New benefit provider implementation
- Development of new and ongoing campus-wide change management programming
- Expansion of the Continuous Improvement and Change Management Community of Practice
Share a fun fact with us.
I’m an avid indoor climber. I love spending time with my family including our “zoo” of two cats and two dogs. Life is always an adventure!